The update has been sent to Apple yesterday; this is a minor update:
- i had a contact with Apple for a copyright issue: an application named push news was already sell in the US AppStore so starting with new release the application name will be pushFeed
- in the add feed function now there is a better check of URL validity (many user was trying to use a web site url instead a feed url)
- reading articles the user now can set a full screen mode
- reading articles the user now can use a landscape mode
In the next days i will start to send 1.2 version to some beta testers.
This update will add Google Reader Sync function:
- import feed into pushFeed from Google Reader
- export feed from pushFeed to Google Reader
- mark article as read on Google Reader when read in pushFeed
Some users report to me that push was not recived: please remember that now push will be send only to users that effectly use pushFeed to read the news.
After 24 hours that pushFeed is been closed or after 10 unread news the push will be suspended; to have back the push is enough use pushFeed again
Please report to me the feed that pushFeed is not able to manage client or server side (push never received); many minor feeds are not correctly formatted but i can try to manage they anyway…
One more thing if you like pushFeed, recommend it to your friends
I hope in the future to pay the montly fee for the dedicated server for the push with advertise, but its only possibile with a good number of users